FAMILY MAINSTREAMING and WOMEN IDENTITY.
- The Institute for Family Policy (IPF) presented at the UN – in the 56th edition of the Commission on the Status of Women – a panel entitled «Fighting maternal discrimination: a new challenge for the XXI century»
in which IPF urges governments to fight maternal discrimination at work. According to IPF, today women are no longer discriminated at work because of being women but because of being mothers. The IPF has also defended the need to implement a family mainstreaming in employment relations during the 56th edition of CSW at the United Nations headquarters in New York. You can read more about it here.
- Mary Eberstadt is the author of a couple of very important books including Home Alone America, about the harm of day care. She has just published another smash hit «Adam and Eve After the Pill». It demolishes the sexual revolution and looks specifically at the way it harms women, men, children and families. You can read a terrific article of hers in the Wall Street Journal on the topic of whether the sexual revolution has been good for women. You can read it here.
- The Observatory on Intolerance and Discrimination against Christians in Europe is releasing a comprehensive report on the year 2011. This report portrays the most important developments with regard to freedom of religion, the most striking cases of intolerance and discrimination throughout Europe – and what individuals and institutions say about it. The report includes several statistics as well as analysis of the meaning of freedom of religion in the European context. You can download the Report here : Report 2011 (pdf)
And we strongly recommend you to watch this striking video also produced by the Observatory.
CULTURE OF LIFE
- Massive celebrations across Spain for the International Life Day organised on 24th March by Plataforma Sí a la Vida, a platform of Pro Life Spanish Associations. These celebrations are also endorsed by over 400 associations. The Spanish Hazteoir.org platform Right to live asks President Rajoy for Zero abortion
- Following an ECJ judgment “Oliver Brüstle vs. Greenpeace” (Case No. C-34/10), more than 200 scientists and investigators claim, in a Manifesto, a reform in legislation in relation to the Spanish laws which allow for the utilization and subsequent destruction of embryos. You can read more about it here. The Manifesto March 25th, supported by 20 organizations, was presented last Saturday in a press conference . You can watch a summery video here (in Spanish).
The Manifesto is available to be signed here: http://www.profesionalesetica.org/manifiesto.php
WORTH WATCHING and READING
- We encourage you to take a couple of minutes to see this incredible video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVxz71ygHbk
- And we recommend you to read this very interesting article on Hungary published by scotsman.com, Second Hungarian uprising is as inspirational as the first: “The Hungarian constitution reflects an awakening of cultural and moral sensibilities, a revolt against Brussels-directed integration and PC impositions. It is the product of a highly civilised nation reclaiming its heritage and autonomy. It should be an inspiration to the rest of Europe, marinated in moral relativism and political passivity”
WORLD CONGRESS OF FAMILIES
- Please, visit the Congress website www.worldcongress.es . The World Congress Families (WCF) is the world’s largest international coalition of pro-family leaders.
WCF managing Director Larry Jacobs, explains why Madrid will host the Congress: “We’re excited by the prospect of the next Congress in Spain (25-27 may 2012), which has become one of the principal battlegrounds between European secular humanism and the Western tradition of family, faith and freedom. Unlike the Netherlands, site of WCF V, a majority on the Spanish people are actually on our side here”.